Antinuclear Antibody Screen (ANA); Anti Strptolysin-O (ASO); Calcium (Ca); Chem 6 [Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN); Creatinine; Electrolytes [ Carbon Dioxide (CO2); Chloride (CL); Potassium (K); Sodium (Na) ]; Complete Blood Count [ Automated Differential; Hematocrit (Hct); Hemoglobin (Hgb); Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin (MCH); Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration (MCHC); Mean Corpuscular Volume (MCV); Platelet (PLT); Red Blood Cell Count (RBC); Red Cell Distribution Width Standard Deviation (RDWSD); Red Cell Distribution Width Coefficient Variation (RDWCV); White Blood Cell Count (WBC)] ; C-Reactive Protein (CRP); Creatine Kinase (CK); Epstein-Barr Virus Basic Panel [Epstein-Barr Virus Antibody IgG; Epstein-Barr Virus Antibody IgM] ; Estrogen, Total; Glucose Random; HLA-B27 Antigen; Insulin - Like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1 / Somatomedin C); Magnesium (Mg); Parathyroid Hormones Intact (PTH Intact); Progesterone; Protein Electrophoresis; Rheumatoid Factor (RF); Sedimentation Rate (ESR); Testosterone, Total; Thyroid Profile with TSH [Free Thyroxine Index (FTI); T3 Uptake; Thyroid Stimulated Hormone (TSH); Thyroxine Total (T4)]; Uric Acid
Primobolan might be touted as a ‘mild’ anabolic steroid , but it can and will cause HPTA (hypothalamic pituitary testicular axis) suppression and/or shut down in users. The result of this is impaired endogenous natural Testosterone production, a known medical condition called hypogonadism. If steps are not taken to ensure a proper PCT (post cycle therapy) is completed following the conclusion of any cycle, long-term or permanent hypogonadism can result. Furthermore, another common side effect that is characteristic of all anabolic steroids are the negative cardiovascular effects imposed on the body. This includes negative alterations in HDL and LDL cholesterol levels, which tend to shift into negative values during use. Cardiovascular concerns also include heightened blood pressure and vascular reactivity (the hardening of blood vessels and arteries).
(1) Urabe A, Ichiki S, Usukine K, Ijima of adult patients with aplastic anemia in Japan. Rinsho Ketsueki. 2005 Jun;46(6):389-93
(2) Kicman AT, Cowan DA, Myhre L, Nilsson S, Tomten S, Oftebro H. Effect on sports drug tests of ingesting meat from steroid (methenolone)-treated livestock. Clin Chem. 1994 Nov;40(11 Pt 1):2084-7.
(3) Hartgens F, Kuipers H. Effects of androgenic-anabolic steroids in athletes. Sports Med. 2004;34(8):513-54.
(4) Takahashi M, Tatsugi Y, Kohno T. Endocrinological and pathological effects of anabolic-androgenic steroid in male rats. Endocr J. 2004 Aug;51(4):425-34.
(5) Labib M, Haddon A. The adverse effects of anabolic steroids on serum lipids. Ann Clin Biochem. 1996 May;33 ( Pt 3):263-4
(6) Ozdemir O, Bozkurt I, Ozdemir M, Yavuz O. Side effect of metenolone enanthate on rats heart in puberty: morphometrical study. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2013 Sep;65(6):745-50.
(7) Brower KJ, Eliopulos GA, Blow FC, Catlin DH, Beresford TP. Evidence for physical and psychological dependence on anabolic androgenic steroids in eight weight lifters. Am J Psychiatry. 1990 Apr;147(4):510-2.